Clear Aligners in Auburn Hills, MI
If you want to straighten your smile but are worried about wearing braces, then clear aligners are the answer for you! Like braces, clear aligners use continuous, gentle force to move misaligned teeth into position – except they’re removable, less noticeable, and more convenient.
First Impressions are Lasting Impressions
What are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners, also called invisible aligners, are orthodontic treatments that correct misaligned or crooked teeth. Aligners are designed to make small movements at a time by putting gentle pressure on your teeth, gradually moving them into the desired alignment. You should wear the aligners for approximately 20 to 22 hours a day to allow your teeth the best chance to move to their final, straighter position.
Clear aligners are becoming increasingly popular because it offers a discreet and convenient way of straightening your teeth. The aligners are made of thin, clear plastic that makes it virtually impossible to tell if you’re going through orthodontic treatment.
They’re also way more comfortable than traditional braces since there are no brackets and wires that can irritate the inside of your cheeks. You can remove the aligners before eating or drinking, so there is no need to restrict your diet while using clear aligners. This also makes brushing and flossing hassle-free.
Clear aligners can treat several conditions, including:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
- Crooked baby and adult teeth
Invisible Aligners Process
The invisible aligner treatment process at Pristine Dental Care involves the following steps:
- Consultation, X-rays, impressions: During your initial consultation, Dr. Joseph will examine you and discuss the clear aligner treatment process and your goals. We will then take X-rays and a digital scan of your mouth and impressions of your teeth to have a detailed map of your mouth mechanics to base our dental work on and create a custom treatment plan. We’ll send your scans and impressions to the dental lab, where your aligners will be fabricated.
- Prep work and fitting: When your aligners are ready, you’ll come in for your prep work and fitting. Preparatory work may include the application of small composite patches to each tooth to help the clear aligners grip onto each tooth and move them. It may also include interproximal reduction, a process used to create more space between teeth when the patient’s mouth is crowded. We’ll fit your aligners once the prep work is done, trying different molds until we find the perfect fit.
- Changes to your mouth: The clear aligners should feel tight when first put on, as they must be strong enough to begin the realignment process. You will feel some discomfort, including aching and tooth sensitivity, as your teeth are forced into their new position, but this should stop a few days after every tray change. You may also experience slight changes in your speech, but this should disappear within the first couple of weeks once you get used to the aligners.
Clear Aligners offered at Pristine Dental Care
At Pristine Dental Care, we offer Reveal Clear Aligners, a discreet, comfortable, and effective treatment. Unlike other clear aligners, Reveal Aligners don’t need attachments or buttons. In fact, Reveal Aligners were developed to ensure that the teeth will move into the correct positions without attachments or buttons.
The Reveal aligner trays are made of a special material known as ClearWear, which ensures crystal clear clarity, stain resistance, easier maintenance, and a perfect, comfortable fit.
How to Care for Your Teeth While Using Reveal Clear Aligners
Here are a few tips to make sure your aligners stay in good shape:
- Clean your aligners regularly like, every time you brush your teeth
- Take them out when you eat or drink
- Rinse them every time you take them out
- Don’t clean your aligners with hot water as it can warp the plastic
How Long Does Clear Aligner Treatment Take?
Treatment time with clear aligners varies from 6 months to 2 years, depending on how much the teeth need to be rotated or moved. For best results, you should wear your clear aligner trays for 20 to 22 hours every day for your designated treatment time.
Reveal Clear Aligners Cost
The cost of clear aligners varies depending on how long you need treatment and the complexity of your tooth alignment issues. You can expect to pay between $3,000 and $5,000 for your clear aligners, but dental insurance usually covers all or a portion of this cost.
Ready to Straighten Your Smile?
If you’ve experienced frustration, discomfort, or lack of confidence due to misaligned teeth, then Reveal Clear Aligners from Pristine Dental Care may be just what you need to get your smile back in style. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!