Dental Bridges in Auburn Hills, MI
Are you missing one or several teeth? At Pristine Care Dental, we provide dental bridges for patients throughout the Auburn Hills, MI, area. This restorative dental procedure is extremely effective for restoring a tooth that has become infected, damaged, or has fallen out. By replacing your missing teeth with a dental bridge, you’ll be able to smile more confidently, eat your favorite foods, speak properly and maintain your bite and facial structure.
First Impressions are Lasting Impressions
What are Dental Bridges?
As the name suggests, a dental bridge is a restoration that bridges the gap between two teeth. It fills the gap with one or more false teeth, using the surrounding teeth as support. A dental bridge typically consists of two crowns placed on the supporting teeth (abutments) on either side of a gap and a pontic (false teeth) that joins the two crowns and bridges the gap. Your new artificial teeth will be made to be close in shape and size to the missing one and are usually made from porcelain to match your natural tooth color.
You may need a dental bridge if you have a missing tooth or teeth due to decay, gum disease, or injury. To be a good candidate for a dental bridge, you need to be in good oral and overall health and have healthy teeth and a strong jawbone density on either side of the missing ones to support the bridge.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
Replacing teeth with a dental bridge comes with several benefits, including:
- Restores your natural smile: A dental bridge restores your smile with a false tooth that looks and feels natural. When you feel confident about the appearance of your smile, you smile more often, and that improves your quality of life.
- Restores tooth function: When you’re missing one or several teeth, speaking or chewing properly can be challenging. A dental bridge restores proper teeth function allowing you to correctly pronounce words and chew all your favorite foods efficiently.
- Prevents teeth from shifting: Over time, a gap in the jaw causes the teeth to gradually shift position and spread out, which can cause problems with your bite and lead to other complications. Filling this gap with a bridge ensures that the teeth on either side of the gap are held firmly in place to reduce the risk of movement.
- Maintains your facial structure: A dental bridge can also help to reduce the risk of bone loss from the jaw, which can affect the shape of your face, allowing you to maintain your normal facial structure.
What is the Process of Getting a Dental Bridge?
Getting a dental bridge at Pristine Dental Care typically involves two appointments:
- First appointment: During the first appointment, Dr. Joseph will prepare your teeth for the bridge. This involves tooth reshaping to recontour the teeth and remove a portion of the enamel to create room for a crown to be placed over them. We will also take digital impressions of your teeth and send them to the lab for your custom bridge to be fabricated. Since it usually takes about two weeks for the bridge to be made, we will place a temporary bridge to protect the exposed teeth and gums in the meantime.
- Appointment for bridge placement: Once your permanent bridge is ready, you’ll come in for a final appointment to have it placed. We will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent one, making any necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit. You will leave our Auburn Hills dental practice with your new smile.
How Long Will a Tooth Bridge Last?
Depending on your oral hygiene habits and how often you visit our Auburn Hills practice for dental checkups, your dental bridge can last for 5 to 15 years.
Tooth Bridge Cost
The cost of a dental bridge varies depending on several factors such as the materials used, type of bridge, number of teeth needed to fill the gap, and the complexity of the placement. Generally, you can expect to pay around $2,000 to $5,000 for traditional and Maryland bridges. Fortunately, most dental insurance plans cover bridges, so you won’t have to pay out of pocket.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Getting a dental bridge from Pristine Dental Care to replace your missing teeth can significantly improve your smile’s appearance and functionality. During your appointment, we can provide a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health and immediately determine whether you are a good candidate for dental bridges. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!